We are so excited to be adopting. Over the last couple months we have been researching and researching on everything we possibly can know about adoption. MAN there is a lot! And it is soooooo expensive. I can understand why so many people steer away from adoption. It almost seems cheaper just to have your own.
When we first decided to adopt, my first thought was, “it is expensive, how can we afford it?” A friend recommended fundraising. What a great idea!! I was so excited, what an awesome way to help bring her home….now as I am writing this I’m even nervous to ask for money. I’ve never been the one to ask for money to help me, I’ve been one to ask to help others. Its a weird uncomfortable feeling. I currently have the thought in my head of, “who would actually want to give me money for this?”. In my heart I know that God will provide. I have faith that he will come through on this and he will calm the waters. However, it does not make it easier.
So, we have been researching fundraisers and found an amazing fundraiser. It is such a great idea and heartwarming. Yes, I’m asking for money, but I am also asking for you be a “piece” in bringing her home. WE are proud to announce we are doing a PUZZLE FUNDRAISER!
It works like this:
1. We created a 500 piece puzzle. (We figured between the 2 of us that we have 500 friends right?!)
2. We are “selling” each piece for $20. You can choose to buy 1, 2, 3, or 10! There is no limit!
3. To purchase via PayPal, click the “Donate” button that is in the right column of our blog or you can email me (firstname.lastname@example.org) for our address and send a check in the mail.
4. Once you purchase a piece, we will write your name on the back of one of the puzzle pieces and send you a picture.
5. Once every single piece has been “sold”, we will put the puzzle together and hang it in a double-sided glass frame to put in her room so she can always look back and be reminded of who had a “piece” of bringing her home!
I am tearing up right now just imagining sitting with her and reading to her all the people that had a part in her coming home. Having an opportunity to tell her about each person, stories her mommy and daddy have had with them, even just telling them that we actually do not know this amazing person that just wanted to help out! I can not wait to hear her thank you guys for loving her from afar and wanting her to be with us.
I will keep the blog updated with progress in the puzzle and a list of amazing donors. So, our goal with this Puzzle Fundraiser is to sell all 500 pieces which will raise $10,000!!!! That will cover the HomeStudy fees(3500$ not including travel fees for the case worker and this is happening next month), agency fees, pre- and post adoption fees, ect. Oy Vey!
We would be so honored and blessed to have you be a piece of the puzzle to get our little girl home.
So we just ask if you can support us, even if not monetary, just pray for us, and send happy vibes to us, that alone is a blessing. The other amazing thing that you could do to help would be to spread this! Share it with your families and friends. Share our announcement video too!! The more the merrier!
We thank you and love you all
Amy and Anthony